Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Motherhood and Writing

Being a writer and a mother at the same time is hard work! I don't know how other writer moms do it! My kid is three and he's at the "million question stage". He's got a million questions about EVERYTHING: "Mommy, what are you doing?", "Mommy, you want to play with me?", "Mommy, can I have chicken nuggets?", "Mommy, can I have a sticker?", "Mommy, what's that sound?", "Mommy, where's daddy?". They just go on and on and on and on and........
No matter how many times I answer his questions, he continues to ask the same ones. I know that kids are curious but geez Louise! This curious?! (Who is Louise, by the way?) Right now he's taking a nap so at least I have time to write this blog post.

Because I'm a stay at home mom, he doesn't go to school yet. I'm re-evaluating that decision, now. When I was working, he went to Pinecrest Children's Academy. Sounds prestigious, doesn't it? Don't let the name fool you. They weren't that great. He STAYED sick. Now, I'm looking into the Headstart program here, however the social workers and directors are pretty rude to you over the phone. Actually, when I visited, they were rude to my face. Needless to say, it doesn't make me want to send my child there!
If you are a parent and a writer, what are some ways that you juggle quality family time, and writing time?

No comments:

Post a Comment