Saturday, July 16, 2011

On The Hunt.....

So I'm looking for a new job. Well, not new as in "I'm quitting my current job". I mean new as in "job period".  I'm looking for something that I can do from home. At his age, there are no schools that I'm comfortable with putting my son in right now.  I'll need to stay home with him. 
Finding a legitimate work from home job is no easy feat! You have to wade through the skads of people trying to steal your money or identtiy. It's a nightmare!  I've been combing through sites all day, as well as building my resume; something I've never actually done. I simply wrote my job history down on a piece of paper that I keep handy in my wallet when I'm filling out job applications.
I've actually found a couple of good prospects. The usual medical transcriptionists jobs are available, as well as some writing jobs that look okay. : ) There are even some call center jobs that have home based oppurtunites.

In 2011 you would think that there would be more work from home options. So many people are always complaining about gas and commute times, and having to report to a boss. Almost everyone has at least a desktop computer available, and Internet access and there are wireless options available in loads of places. I just feel like there should be more options available. I could have done my last job from home. I wonder if they have any work from home jobs available.....

Anyway about writing:
I'm working on a new piece. It was inspired by the 4th of July holiday. It's actually coming along well. I'm still working on the various other pieces that I've mentioned in previous posts. As you can see, I have a lot on my plate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment