Saturday, August 13, 2011

2 Week Vacation

So I'm in Arkansas at my parents house for two weeks with the kid. Senior had to work so he couldn't come with us. (Someone has to bring home the proverbial bacon!)
Anyway....
I'm a little bit excited about this trip. One of my very best friends is pregnant and she found out the sex of the baby yesterday! It's a girl and her name will be Olivia Lorene. Naturally I'm excited to see her. I'll probably stay at her house for a couple of days to help her out and whatnot. I remember what it's like to be pregnant. I'll also be seeing a few other friends while in town.
More good news: My youngest older brother is in the States with his wife and their two kids Aiden, and Lily. They live in the Netherlands so of course hardly anyone gets to see them unless it's on Facebook and still hardly even then.

Also, I'm a little bit not so excited about this trip. I was really looking forward to a two week vacay from Deuce while he visted with the Grands and I stayed at home but then I thought about how I hadn't seen my mother in over a year and a half, and how much I missed my friends......
So here I am in my childhood room while my kid is snug in the guest room.
Today we just chilled. Tomorrow (supposedly)my brother will be here, and my friend will be visiting. Now that I'm here, I think it will be a pretty good visit.

Writing.......While I did bring a notebook, I don't really know how much writing I'll really get done here. There are a few ideas that I'm might research while I'm up typing on my moms awesome PINK laptop (I WANT IT!!!!!)!!!!!!!
Not sure if I mentioned the Fantasy novel that I've been working on. There are a few things that I want to research while I have the Grandparents keeping the kid semi distracted. Maybe there will be a rough draft in a month or so.  There are a lot of details that I want to hash out first.......

No comments:

Post a Comment