Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Blogger VS WordPress....and some updates on some stuff...

It's weird...I'm on WordPress more than Blogger but I have more followers and fewer page views a day over there. Here, I have fewer followers and more page views. Currently I'm using both but if these stats keep up, then I might consider just returning to just Blogger....
Anyhoo....

For the past couple of months I've been working on a YA novel.  Recently (as recently as last night) I've added a love interest for my main female character.  I read a lot of romance and write some too, but I'm really interested in writing a YA adventure type novel with African American MC's.  I feel like there are so few stories for young POC to read and see themselves in.  I want to play a part in changing that.  I want my son or my nieces and nephews to be able to read a book and say, "Hey! They look like me!".  I'm currently working on a piece that falls into that category.  The main character is a black female. She and her twin brother are looking for their missing parents.  Along the way the female MC meets a love interest.  That's the bit that I was building on last night...
So that's what I'm doing now. Feel free to comment with questions or any type of feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment